Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Wanted

Where Did the White Lace GM Leo Go?
By DanceOfTheHeartmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 30, 2012 06:21 AM

So I was asked to wear a white leotard for a photoshoot with the great Brian Mengini which gave me a perfect excuse to finally buy that beautiful white lace Gaynor Minden leotard I've always secretly wanted. I go searching for it and it doesn't seem to exist anywhere. The black one is available but it seems that none of the white lace leotards are made anymore? Is there a reason for this?

does anyone know where it is still sold?
~brooke~

7 Replies to Where Did the White Lace GM Leo Go?

re: Where Did the White Lace GM Leo Go?
On Tue Jul 31, 2012 05:52 AM
That is very funny you posted that because my photoshoot with Brian was supported by the great people of Tutu.com and Brian had asked them if they had that leotard! They said that it's not made anymore. I even asked my (ex-bf) friend at Discount Dance if he had in somewhere in stock and he didn't have it either :(

maybe I need to accept the fact that it no longer exists
~brooke~
By Funwithsharps
On Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:49 PM
Maybe you can order something similar custom made from Eleve or Class-in?
By CarabosseKPremium member
On Tue Jul 31, 2012 02:11 PM
Or contact GM and see if they have any leftover stock somewhere?
By Emi89member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jul 31, 2012 06:42 PM
i second carabossek's suggestion to contact GM direct and see if they can track one down.

although, i do like the one just above it on the tutu.com link (with the cap sleeves) depending how wide your shoulders are it may be a more flattering option (though i'm not sure how it would affect arm lines.) it comes in white also.
On Wed Aug 01, 2012 05:09 AM
Yes both of their lace leotards are gorgeous, I just like the look of a turtleneck leotard they create nice clean long lines of the body.

I will try to contact GM directly te see if they have one, I should have gone into their store in NYC before I moved I may have been able to find my answer sooner. Darnit!

~brooke~
By Wicked_Elphabamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Aug 01, 2012 06:17 AM
What about doing a white lace shrug like these: www.ebay.com . . . over a white leotard?

Or a plain white lace bodysuit over a white leotard?

I don't know what size you are, but this is lovely: www.ebay.com . . .

I should have gone into their store in NYC before I moved I may have been able to find my answer sooner. Darnit!

Call the store and ask if they have any left. :)

It's not lace, but here's a white turtleneck leotard, a seamstress could probably alter it for you if you bought some white lace. :) www.ebay.com . . .

I don't know when your photoshoot is, but what about this? The only drawback is that it's in Bulgaria: www.ebay.com . . .

This place would customize it, you could ask if they'd be willing to do it in white: www.ecrater.com . . .

I hope some of that helped!

ReplySendWatch