Forum: Advice / Beauty

Page:
Page 2 of 321 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29 30 31 32
re: Pretty Nail Addict
By iddressforsale Comments: 25, member since Fri Jul 06, 2012
On Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:37 AM
I love nail polish, I have mostly OPI but I don't do very much nail art. I saw the Ulta Butter London BOGO deal and I'm super excited, I've already planned out the polishes I want!
By Spiorad Comments: 2156, member since Sat Jul 22, 2006
On Sat Sep 01, 2012 04:57 PM
I totally am having a Lisa Frank moment! haha What do you all think?

^Iddressforsale, I just got my first three OPI nail polishes and I really like them! I wish that I could afford to get them more often but the only reason I was able to get these three is because they were a bundle on ebay and ended up coming out to $5 so I thought it was worth it. Mostly I just stick to Sinful Colors when I buy them myself.

I actually did take pictures of my collection but I can't post all the pictures at once because it is to big.
On Sat Sep 01, 2012 05:08 PM
My collection! ^_^

The first picture is just all my colors, with the last row being nudes, base and top coats.

The second picture is my nail art stuff. Nail stickers, rhinestones, Thin brush polishes, my nail stamping plates and stamper, my two Konad Special Polishes (which I do recommend for anyone wanting to do nail stamping, at least the black and white), Island Girl Honeysuckle cuticle oil(so amazing!), cuticle cream and just other random nail art stuff. I can't believe it though that I forgot to put my new dotting tools! I just got them from ebay for about $1.50 and I love them! Its five different ones with different sized heads (double sided) and they make things like flowers, dots (obviously lol) and other small designs so easy!

The last picture is just of my different crackle nail polishes :)
By Josianemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1643, member since Sun Nov 06, 2005
On Sat Sep 01, 2012 07:35 PM
This thread is so fun. I love seing everyone's nails. I wish I was that good! I never have the patience to sit straight for a good hour to wait for my nails to dry. I have tried those fast drying coats but it doesn't seem to work magically like I thought it would. Any tips?

Also, has anyone tried Ciate Velvet nail? Or the Caviar one. It seems like a cool look, but I'd be interested in hearing reviews from you guys.
By balletgirl4ever Comments: 535, member since Tue Jul 31, 2012
On Sat Sep 01, 2012 08:19 PM
thanks spiorad (wow im sooo jealous of your nail varnidh collection). Im going to find them online as soon as i get money!! i love seeing everyones nails too, theyre all soo pretty!

Josiane, do you put on one coat and then wait for that to dry. Then put on the next coat? they dr faster that way. I found my "quick drying" ones dont reall dr fast too. They wipe off easily and smudge when I think they should be dry.
By Amyliamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4405, member since Fri Apr 11, 2003
On Sun Sep 02, 2012 04:47 PM
Slightly off topic- how does everyone store their polishes? I need a new way to keep all mine together.
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Sun Sep 02, 2012 08:15 PM
^ As of right now I just keep mine in a makeup bag. I have heard that the polish goes on smoother and dries faster when stored in the refrigerator, but I don't know how I would have room to keep them in there.
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sun Sep 02, 2012 09:58 PM
Amylia wrote:

Slightly off topic- how does everyone store their polishes? I need a new way to keep all mine together.

One of my vanity drawers. Before then the bathroom cabinet.

---

I just did a french manicure! I bought a kit than has a base/top coat, a pen for the white color, and the sheer pink. I did use the stickers it came with to help with the tips (I thought about not using them). From a distance it looks good. Close up you can see some mistakes (but no one should be inspecting my nails). I might take a pic once I get the edges cleaned up. My left hand looks better than my right.
On Wed Sep 05, 2012 01:34 AM
Josiane how thick are the coats you are putting on? And how many are coats are you using? If they don't have a chance to dry between coats they take forever to dry when you are done.

My favorite top coat is Sallly Hansen Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat. If you look at the picture of my nail polish collection it is the one at the very bottom right. The redish bottle next to the orange bottle with the white top.

I haven't tried any of the caviar nail things but I have seen them and I think they are pretty but I don't really like the feeling of lots of lumps on my nails so I haven't used it. I actually have nail glitter that I wanted to experiment with but I couldn't stand the feeling of it on my nails haha.

Amylia - I store mine in old shoe boxes. I have some really cute ones from Gotta Flirt that are pink and perfect. I have tried putting some in the refrigerator but I hated what it did. They were so thick and goopy and I felt that they actually took way longer to dry and they had a bunch of bubbles. No es bueno!

Just a quick story! When I got off the bus today it drops me off in front of a walgreens and I cross the street to where I park my car (or I just ride my bike home) but I stopped in walgreens to get some note cards and while I was paying the lady asked me:
"Are those Kiss or Sally Hansen?" and she pointed to my nails and she was so shocked when I said I did them myself! It was nice that someone thought they looked nice enough to be stickers! :)
By ConUnaSonrisamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2520, member since Mon May 21, 2007
On Wed Sep 05, 2012 02:07 AM
I usually only get fake nails, but last year during the playoffs I went to a crappy salon and I hated how they did my nails... So DH repainted them for me lmao :D I love him!

Image hotlink - 'http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w474/ConUnaSonrisa/b5e48404.jpg'

I'll put some of my favorite nails that I've had in a spoiler so it won't take up space

Spoiler: Show

Image hotlink - 'http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w474/ConUnaSonrisa/d5752ced.jpg'
Image hotlink - 'http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w474/ConUnaSonrisa/48291bb2.jpg'
Image hotlink - 'http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w474/ConUnaSonrisa/4b09a8fc.jpg'
Image hotlink - 'http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w474/ConUnaSonrisa/9a8a8bc4.jpg'
Image hotlink - 'http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w474/ConUnaSonrisa/a4eff709.jpg'
re: Pretty Nail Addict (karma: 1)
By GetRhythmmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4773, member since Mon Jun 20, 2005
On Wed Sep 05, 2012 02:50 AM

I like to get funky with my nails too, but I never take pictures!

Except when I did Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles nails...
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Wed Sep 05, 2012 05:36 AM

French manicure.
By ameliadiane Comments: 34, member since Fri Aug 31, 2012
On Wed Sep 05, 2012 06:31 AM
This is my favorite thread! Painting my nails and collecting polishes is one of my favorite hobbies. My favorite polish brands have to be Finger Paints & Sally girl, both of which I purchase from Sally's Beauty Supply. Another one of my all time favorite polish brands is Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri which only costs around $4.50 or $5.00 depending on where you buy it. Most of their colors only require one coat and dries super fast! The ONLY time I've ever used a base coat or top coat was while grtting acrylics put on at the salon, which I never do anymore. I don't like having drills used all over my nails nd I find it leaves them weak. Plus the natural look of nails is ruined for sometime after the fake nails come off.

I LOVE seeing all your nails! You guys are really creative and giving me some ideas I'm going to have too try out. :)
By GetRhythmmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4773, member since Mon Jun 20, 2005
On Wed Sep 05, 2012 05:09 PM
Someone asked about storage. I keep mine in a big plastic bin with a handle on it that I got at Walmart for less than $10. Similar to this one: www.walmart.com . . . They're all jumbled up in there, but it takes up less space than it would if I had them all sitting out in neat little rows. :)
On Fri Sep 07, 2012 05:46 AM
ConUna - those are some really nice designs!

Gotrhythm- I have been meaning to do TMNT nails for so long! My pinterest is actually TMNTcupcake haha if you want you can check it out here: pinterest.com . . . its pretty much the same things I post here on DDN but if someone would like to follow and repin my stuff that would be awesome! So far only things that I have repinned on pinterest have been repinned by others :( but I have faith that someone will like some of my nail stuff enough to repin one of my originals! haha

ameliadiane - I really like Finger Paints too! One of my all time favorite nail polishes is a gold on by FP called Key to my Art, it is so beautiful! Just be careful if you don't use a base coat because some colors (and brand doesn't really matter, expensive ones do it to) can and will stain your nails and you can ruin your nails trying to get the stain off or having to wait until it grows out to cut it.
On Fri Sep 07, 2012 05:55 AM
Spiorad- I'm beginning to notice that. Recently I bought a bright blue Insta-Dri color and even after I have removed it completely my nails are still a light shade of blue. I hate it! Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to buy some base coat polish. What would you say is the best for the most reasonable amount of money?
By BananasInPyjamasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 179, member since Fri Jul 01, 2005
On Fri Sep 07, 2012 07:59 AM
Josiane- I've never tried the Ciate kits, especially after the controversy they caused with the caviar one. But a cheaper way is to buy microbeads for the caviar look, and flocking powder for the velvet look.
On Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:22 PM
Edited by Spiorad (163536) on 2012-09-07 12:25:54
^ The thing that annoyed me about the "Caviar Nails Controversy" is that it was not an original idea!!! I had seen blogs using the microbeads YEARS before Ciate came out with theirs.

Anywho! Here is my latest nail look! I used:
Fusion Neon - Sinful Colors (MUCH brighter and completely neon in person)
Black Out - Xtreme Wear
Superstar! (white) - Pure Ice
Silver Glitter - Kiss

Please ignore my sad looking cuticles! The need (and will be getting!) some TLC :)

BananasInPyjamas - I have had some good luck with Sally Hansen base coats (but NOT the ones that say Base & Top coat!). I'm still looking for "the one" that isn't going to break my bank and still be good. OPI has one that all the nail gurus I follow rave about but it is like $16.00 a bottle! To rich for my blood! XP
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Fri Sep 07, 2012 06:45 PM
If your nails get stained from polish, just mix some baking soda with some peroxide... I think it is about a 2:1 ratio, but really I just pour the peroxide in slowly until it is pastey and NOT runny. Then just put a thick glob on your nails with a stick or qtip and leave on 5-10 minutes. Rinse it off and your nails will be super white.
On Fri Sep 07, 2012 09:56 PM
hooray4jj - Thanks! Thats some awesome advice right there, definitely gonna try it. Probably tonight when I decide what I'm gonna do with my nails next. :)
On Sat Sep 08, 2012 03:31 AM
Spiorad wrote:

Gotrhythm- I have been meaning to do TMNT nails for so long! My pinterest is actually TMNTcupcake haha if you want you can check it out here: pinterest.com . . . its pretty much the same things I post here on DDN but if someone would like to follow and repin my stuff that would be awesome! So far only things that I have repinned on pinterest have been repinned by others :( but I have faith that someone will like some of my nail stuff enough to repin one of my originals! haha

I'm following you! :)
On Sun Sep 09, 2012 06:12 AM
Spiorad - Do you have any cute looks for your toes? I've been getting pretty bored with just the same solid colors all the time. I need some new ideas and I really like what I've seen you do.
On Mon Sep 10, 2012 01:51 AM
Just did my nails, haven't cleaned them up yet.
Image hotlink - 'http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/hooray4jj/nails-1.jpg'
The light pink base is Essie Lion Around and the dark pink accent color is Essie Your Hut Or Mine. To make the dots I stuck a pin into a pencil eraser and used the other plastic end to dip into the nail polish and dot on. Did my toes too! It was sort of an impromptu decision, and I didn't know what I was going to do with the dots until I just did it. I don't love it, but I will be happy enough with it for a week.

Next time I polish I hope to try the cloud effect shown here
Image hotlink - 'http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m522/Burkes34/0043.jpg'
just waiting for this color that I ordered to come in
Image hotlink - 'https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDPZrtpGU3UnUrgNpZ-2Z2KqRqi-VTWZCR6EoOlkpNN3vYUB8S'
By iddressforsale Comments: 25, member since Fri Jul 06, 2012
On Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:34 PM
If any of you like Butter London nail polish it is currently buy one get one free at Ulta, in stores and online. I just made an online purchase, If you spend $25 you get free shipping so I bought 4 and spent about $28+tax instead of buying 2 for $14+$6 shipping+tax. Go quickly cause it will probably sell out cause its a great deal!
On Wed Sep 12, 2012 03:09 AM
Image hotlink - 'http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/hooray4jj/cloudnails.jpg'

Ulta Peach Parfait, China Glaze For Audrey, Butter London Scoundrel

Sorry its blurry, didn't realize it until I uploaded it.

I got my new polishes in today, so I really wanted to redo my nails (plus I have a date tomorrow, so that was another good excuse). I let them dry forever, so I haven't cleaned them up yet. It was easier than I expected, but they don't look super great because I didn't realize how hard it would be to try a second coat on the 2nd and 3rd color... I know now for next time. Next time I am going to try paining them the opposite way that I did this time, I did the Coral>blue>purple... I think next time it will be much easier to paint the small top parts over a base, because I totally ruined that nice little gap I had by my cuticles.
Page:
Page 2 of 321 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29 30 31 32

ReplySendWatch