Forum: Advice / Beauty

Page:
Page 28 of 321 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
re: Pretty Nail Addict
By Spiorad Comments: 2156, member since Sat Jul 22, 2006
On Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:07 AM
I have found a polish by Sinful Colors in my collection that I believe is a dupe for an Orly polish. I am going to be doing my next video on that. :)
On Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:23 PM
So I actually ended up changing up what my video is about. You should check it out and tell me what you think! www.youtube.com . . .
On Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:35 PM
Also is anyone else getting the Julep mystery box this month?
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Wed Sep 18, 2013 01:00 PM
I just got my first Julep box. I opted for the mystery polish as my free gift and it was almost identical to one of the other colors in the set. I was a little disappointed with that, but who knows how it dries? Could be they look a lot different.

I almost got the galaxy mystery box, but I'd already bought a ton of stuff from them. Maybe next month...
By SoloJazzDancer Comments: 21529, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Wed Sep 18, 2013 07:31 PM
I have a question for all you nail addicts. I have 2 nails that have a line down them. Someone said it's because I have a Thyroid problem. It used to be one, just my 4th finger left hand. If my nail chips, it will chip there and split all the way down. Now I see it on my 3rd finger same hand. Does anyone have this problem and do you know if it's because of a Thyroid or some other reason? Wish I could show you what it looks like but I'm not sure if you would see it or not.
By MollyPitcher Comments: 55, member since Tue Jul 30, 2013
On Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:00 AM
Might be a calcium deficiency.
On Sat Sep 21, 2013 09:59 PM
I had a Calcium Deficiency until I was a year old when it got fixed. Now I am a three day milk drinking girl, love cheese and butter and have tons of calcium in my vitamins. Somehow I don't think it could be that. Anybody else have any ideas?
On Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:49 PM
You probably just knocked it against something and it is a stress fracture. Like with your bones. Not completely broken but weak, so then when it does chip, it chips and breaks there. Its pretty common. Keep your nail short until it grows out and you can cut it clean.

I also recommend using ASP light less gel resin and patch it so it doesn't keep doing that.
By Gavrilushka Comments: 872, member since Wed Jul 11, 2012
On Sun Sep 22, 2013 06:35 AM
I'm mildly crazy obsessed with Sinful Colours nail polish. I've tried every polish under the sun and only Sinful Colours ($4 here) gets anywhere near OPI (which is like $18 a bottle here!!!!) or Essie. Currently loving Sugar Sugar.

Spiorad, saw your vid and not only do you have the sweetest voice, but now I desperately want to go a Sinful Colours haul and get that awesome blue!
On Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:33 AM
Gavrilushka, Thank you so much! I love Sinful Colors as well but they are only $1.99 here, and they go on sale a lot for $0.99. Do you mind me asking what part of the world you are located in since your prices are so much different?

Also, if you have any requests for videos on specific polishes, swatches, comparisons etc. just let me know! Right now I am just starting out so I would love to do videos that people really want to see.

you can see my collection in google docs here: docs.google.com . . .

I actually have to update it because that was from this summer, but for the most part it has the majority of my collection.

Also, I started a Facebook Group! www.facebook.com . . .
for anyone who is interested! :)
By Reidfidleirmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3478, member since Sun Sep 28, 2003
On Sun Sep 22, 2013 07:06 PM
Very informative videos! Thanks! You have a great radio voice I think :)
On Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:24 PM
Ah Spiorad, I'm located in Australia. The hell for all lovers of cosmetics. :'( I absolutely ENVY your nail polish collection! At most I probably have maybe 15, lol.
On Tue Sep 24, 2013 07:29 AM
Reidfidleir, thank you! :)

Gavrilushka, that make sense! I have heard that makeup and stuff are supremely expensive in Australia :(

You know, there was a polish from Collection 2000 that I had been trying to get ahold of for close to a year and half, because we don't have Collection 2000 in the US, no place would ship over here and I thought I'd never get it without paying an absolutely ridiculous amount. Its a drug store brand and not that expensive at Boots, but to get it to the US it was going to be outrages. Until an awesome DDNer offered to grab one and ship it to me!

I paid for it and the shipping and it was about $10.00, still pricy for a polish, but nowhere near what it would have been if I had tried any other source.

A makeup swap, or even just doing what I did, might be something to consider.
On Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:17 AM

My fellow nail polish addicts! If you have a Facebook account please take a second to "like" my picture!

The winner gets the full Julep October set and the contest ends at 9AM EST on Monday!

www.facebook.com . . .

Help a gal out! :) plus if I win I'll do some amazing reviews and swatches!
On Sun Sep 29, 2013 02:10 AM
Edited by Gavrilushka (251581) on 2013-09-29 02:18:17 silly grammar
Hey guys! Here's some new nail polish I got and help me choose a colour to wear! I have a dinner tomorrow night.
I got super excited after work when I saw that the Sally Hansens were 3 for $10!!!! So I got 3 - next time I am definitely going back and buying another 3. I got Grass Slipper and I Pink I Can in the manicure collection and Cherry Charisma (the red one). Sorta regret getting the red because I have 5 other reds, but I just really wanted one red that I know will last since red is my safe colour (that and I am completely red obsessed - red hair, red nails, red lipstick, red coat, red gloves (in winter). Also the OPI I got for $6 - it's the Navy shatter

Spiorad, I have been thinking of doing a make up swap or something with someone in the US for ages, but I'm always scared I'll get a swapper who will rip me off. I've seen it happen quite a bit on youtube before. But argh! When my dad used to work for One World and do long haul flights from Sydney to New York he used to always go and pick up some make up for me, but now he works for Star Alliance with Lufthansa and is around Germany and Singapore...no more cheap make up. :(
On Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:46 PM
Out of all those colors, I like the pink and green the best. You didn't say if you were trying to match something or if you just wanted to do your nails and you don't care what color. I didn't like the other colors. Pink first and then the green, but that's just me. I'd also put decals on the pink or the green.
On Mon Sep 30, 2013 03:04 AM
EEEEEE I love the pink and green too! I only got the red because red is my safe colour and the navy blue because I like putting sparkles on dark backgrounds. tehehe so excited. Nail time!
On Mon Sep 30, 2013 07:03 AM
I'm not a red person at all, at least for my nails. I have one red because it's a Christmas red but the last time I used it, even w/a base coat, my nails were tinted pink for quite a while after. I'm not a big fan of dark colors anyway as I love bright colors. To me some red looks like blood and unless I was doing something gross for Halloween, I wouldn't want that color all the time. Again that's just me. If you like red and it's your safe color, go for it! You should wear what you like, not what someone like me tells you to do. LOL Recently, all my nails were the same length and then i broke one! Boo Hoo! I broke it kind of low too. I can't wait until it grows back.
On Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:22 AM
I can attest for both of the Sally Hansen ones being awesome! So either of those is great!

By now I have so many polishes that I can't say there is one color family I prefer over others haha. Though I can say that I am not a fan of nudes. I only have have, I think...

Anyway, if you are ever interested in doing a swap let me know :) I'm sure there are some Aussie only things that I would love haha
On Tue Oct 01, 2013 05:39 AM
It's all cool Solo. :) Haha I do get pink stains with red nail polish even with an OPI base coat! I don't mind it too much, usually I just put a base coat over it and a new colour, I'm sorta used to having stained nails anyway since I colour my hair every 2 weeks. And boo for nails broken too low! I always end up doing something dumb like cutting a nail when I shave my legs - how does it even happen?! It's like the razor hates me and decides to shave my nails!

Spiorad, I can't wear nudes either. :( The closest I can get to a nude would be 'You Callin' Me a Lyre?' and 'Barre My Soul' from the NYCB collection by OPI and Sinful Colours' 'Easy Going'. So basically pastel-like nudes.

In the event you have anything from Australia you're interested in buying, just say when and I'll see what I can do. :) I'm not sure we really have much that you can't get in the US already though. :P
On Sat Oct 05, 2013 02:29 PM
^ Maybe we can figure something out :)

My newest video is up! This one is my September Favorites! Please let me know what you think! I really want to continue to get better.
www.youtube.com . . .
On Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:05 AM
It has been so crazy busy around here! I have a show I'm in this weekend and next and all this week was tech rehearsal. I did manage to get a new video up though!

Its on Zoya's Zenith Collection :)
www.youtube.com . . .

Also, I was at Walgreens and they had the new Sinful Colors Holiday 2013 collection up already! There are some AWESOME new colors! I got pics of all of it, so If you want to check it out the pics are up on my blog.

Gavrilushka, I know you love Sinful Colors, have you seen the new collection in your area yet?

lalacquerleague.blogspot.com <<< My blog
On Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:10 PM
Love the new colors! I am just someone who loves colors if you have ever seen the way I dress so I love the new colors in the polish. I just did my nails in Hard Candy Little Hottie and it looks as amazing on me as it does in the bottle. Love it! I guess I have to go get me some of those Sinful colors and get some for my niece and sisters for Christmas. Great gifts! Thanks for the heads up!
On Fri Oct 18, 2013 02:38 PM
I got a gift card from CVS because it took awhile for me to take back my gel top coat that had to be used w/a machine to dry it. With it I bought some nail polish and shampoo. The polish is in my favorite color, yellow and it's Sally Hanson Sugar Coat Sweetie. I know what it's supposed to look like because I saw a photo in the store. However, it doesn't look that way in the bottle or when I took the brush out. Will it come like the sugar coating once I do my nails? I hope so because I liked how it looked on her nails.
On Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:34 PM
^ When it dries it will have the texture. I only have the Sally Hansen sugar coat in pink and I got it for $1.00 on sale at Ulta. I absolutely hate it. Sally Hansen made their sugar coats look like chewed up bubble gum when dried. I am not a fan of those ones in particular, but I have other textured polishes that I love.

My favorites are from Zoya! Those pixi polishes are amazing!
Page:
Page 28 of 321 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

ReplySendWatch