Forum: Advice / Beauty

Page:
Page 29 of 321 2 3 4 5 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
re: Pretty Nail Addict
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:25 PM
^ I really disliked the sugar coat polish at first as well, but I put some glitter top coat over it and then a few layers of regular top coat and ended up liking it, but maybe not enough to do it again.
By SoloJazzDancer Comments: 21529, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:41 PM
Does anybody like the Sugar Coat or did I make a mistake? It looked so cool in the pictures in the display which is why I bought it in the first place.

Today I had to go to Dollar General because they were having a huge sale on Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup. They had some really cool nail polish that cost $1! I've never heard of this brand before but it's called Broadway Nails. Now for $1 it will either be crummy and only worth the dollar I paid for it or it will be great and I will buy more. I bought 3 for me and 3 for my niece. The 3 for my niece are put away because they are for Christmas so I can't tell you right now what colors I bought. Mine are right here so I can tell you what I bought: Pretty Duckling is a bright yellow w/glitter, Gorgeous is a purple, and Summer Bikini is a pinky orange. Has anybody heard of this brand and how good is it?
By Spiorad Comments: 2156, member since Sat Jul 22, 2006
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:33 AM
I have used Broadway Nails glue on nails and their nail stickers, but I didn't know they made nail polish. I also can't find it online.

I have found really great deals at dollar stores though. You never know what you are going to find.

As for the Sugar Coats, I don't like the Sally Hansen ones, but I love the Zoya and OPI ones.
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:23 PM
Uploaded a new video :)
www.youtube.com . . .

Its swatches/review of the polishes in the picture. They are indie polishes and they are SO beautiful!!!
On Fri Oct 25, 2013 01:44 PM

I am a DIE HARD Sailor Moon fan and for my birthday I got the Sailor Moon collection from Fandom Cosmetics! It is so amazing!!! I almost can't handle it lol take a look at my video swatching them and let me know what you think! :)

www.youtube.com . . .
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Fri Oct 25, 2013 09:25 PM
Omgomgomgomg o.m.g. link me that I neex to buy it right now. Sailor Jupiter is my favorite inner senshi and saturn is my favorite outer (followed by Pluto). Neeeeed those. I just bought sailor moon plush (I have Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask and Luna and Artemis already, just got all the inner senshi).
On Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:33 AM
^Sumayah haha I know I pretty much lost it when I got them! I am so excited for the new show coming out!!! Ugh! Can't wait!!

Here is the link:
fandomcosmetics.com . . .
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:44 PM
Halloween nails,OPI's "He's My Boo" is the orange and the black is just OPI shatter.

Image hotlink - 'http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/majere_photos/IMG_20131027_234017_225_zps7c84ae58.jpg'
By CaffeinePremium member Comments: 3194, member since Wed Aug 08, 2007
On Mon Oct 28, 2013 05:17 AM
I found a glow-in-the-dark polish for Halloween. Technically just a top coat, but I wore it this past weekend on nude nails to see how it went.

Not good. I had to fix them several times, as a couple of nails peeled straight off after they were dry. And the stuff flaked like crazy, too. Perhaps it'd stay better on polished nails, though.

Image hotlink - 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/aragwinity/glow_zpse12d11ce.jpg'
It was pretty much impossible to get a picture of the glowy nails, because next to the bottle they didn't stand out at all and the camera couldn't pick them up, but you get the idea.
On Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:26 PM
^This vid on my channel shows the Glow in the Dark by Sinful Colors. It worked pretty well and I was able to get it to glow really bright by putting it on top of white. www.youtube.com . . .
On Tue Oct 29, 2013 04:06 AM
^ I found doing a few coats (3 or 4) got it to glow really well (any less, and it glowed unevenly), too, but it still flaked off the next day.

I had hoped it'd last a little longer, but what do you expect from a cheap discount-store brand? :?
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Tue Oct 29, 2013 06:36 PM
I have been in kind of a slump lately, so I haven't been doing much. I did want to tell you that at Target last weekend I found a NOPI gumdrop polish on clearance for $4. I thought it was going to be more similar to OPI liquid sand, but it is actually quite a bit finer and would need several coats to build up to liquid sand. Regardless, I got Cinna-Man of my Dreams and I really like it! I will swatch it for you sometime.

Also, I picked up a glow in the dark polish at Ulta this weekend because it was only like $2, I have no idea the brand, it is just in a cute bottle. My plan is to do halloween nails tonight, and then tomorrow put some of the glow in the dark over whatever design I choose. I just can't decide!.
On Tue Oct 29, 2013 08:51 PM
Okay guys, you were right about the sugar coat polish. Big time! I wish you were with me when I bought this one because you would have talked me out of buying it.

I did my nails on my left hand first since I am right handed and let it dry a bit. It wasn't very sugar coated and some parts of my nails didn't sugar coat at all. The same with the right hand. I put my top coat over the left hand nails and then they didn't look very sugar coated so I didn't put the top coat over the right hand. In 1 day they looked not so hot and today, which is the second day, they are all chipped and look horrible! I am taking it off as soon as I can. What a waste of my money and you can tell anyone that wants to buy it, not to. I love the color but not the polish.

I'm not a fan of japanese cartoons so I'm not into Sailor Moon but I do like the polish and the colors. I also like that other one you showed, the one that looks iridescent. I have to see about getting those 2.

The brown crackle nails look cool! My crackle doesn't usually look like yours. What did you do to make yours so crackly? Mine is Sally Hanson.
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Tue Oct 29, 2013 09:12 PM
Sporiad, more Sailor Moon polishes. I love these guys, they make great products (but I haven't tried their nail polishes yet). www.geekchiccosmetics.com . . .
On Tue Oct 29, 2013 09:44 PM
Ok, changed my plans because I had too much time on my hands tonight

My halloween nails
Image hotlink - 'http://i.imgur.com/pLYmqQTl.jpg'

everything that is white also has 3 coats of glow in the dark polish on it. I found that if I held my hands up to the lights for 30 seconds, they were very bright as soon as I turned the lights off, but that faded quickly.

Image hotlink - 'http://i.imgur.com/qPk5IGrl.jpg'

Oh well, it is only staying on until Friday anyway.
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:33 PM
Edited by majere (186163) on 2013-10-29 23:33:49
I had to take off my halloween polish because I have a job interview tomorrow. I did a taupe color.

Speaking of glow in the dark, I have an OPI one that works really well. It's actually green, though, not clear. It's from this set: www.amazon.com . . .

Here's a pic of the glow in the dark (hopefully...and it's not me, just found on google): 3.bp.blogspot.com . . .
On Wed Oct 30, 2013 09:22 AM
Sumayah, yeah those have been on my list for a while now!
On Wed Oct 30, 2013 08:02 PM
In the 60's or 70's there was a glow in the dark nail polish. It glowed under a black light though. For some reason my dad had a black light. He was an appliance repairman so I don't know what he needed a black light for. I had done my nails and he got the black light out and it did glow! It was cool but how often do you have a black light to put your nails under? I like your glow in the dark polish and I will check out the other one too. although it might freak me out in the middle of the night though! LOL I have a book about the tooth fairy that I got at The Big E and my preschoolers love it. It came with a glow in the dark tooth box and the first time I had the box on my desk and it glowed it scared the stuff out of me! LOL Then I realized what it was and I was okay.
On Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:03 PM
I've still got my (badly chipped) glowy nails, and it's funny - it mustn't take much to entertain me because I enjoy lying in the dark wiggling my fingers in front of my face and watching the patterns they make against the blackness. :D
On Thu Nov 21, 2013 09:38 PM
So I FINALLY caved and got a subscription box. It is Glitter Guilty and I am completely in love!

lol You can check out my review and swatches here:
www.youtube.com . . .
On Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:44 AM
here's a random question. Does anyone know what those types of boxes are called in the video I linked? Julep uses them too, only bigger, and I really like them! I have been saving them because I have found that they are perfect for presents and storing things but I have no idea how to look them up to buy just the boxes.
On Fri Nov 22, 2013 06:58 PM
I am pretty sure they are just called "mailers" and you can get them "lock front" or "self locking" which is what I think Julep has, but I can't even remember now. You can also get the ones with the tabs. There are lots of different varieties at office stores and the post office.

here are some random websites I found from a google search of "mailer boxes"

blog.salazarpackaging.com . . .

www.papermart.com . . .

www.goldenrulepack.com . . .

www.officemax.com . . .

www.papermart.com . . .
On Fri Nov 22, 2013 08:43 PM
I so totally forgot to mention this but I think was a good deal. Last week Ocean State Job Lots had a sale that I should have told you about. My sister lives near an Ocean State and I should have had her pick up something for me. Here is what they had on sale: Revlon Calcium Gel Nail Hardener or Post Trauma Nail Treatment - $2. China Glaze Nail Lacquer or China Glaze Glitter Crackle Nail - $2. Revlon Easy Squeeze Cuticle Nipper - $1.75
On Fri Nov 22, 2013 09:27 PM
These are the cutest things I have ever seen! Thought you guys might like to see this. However, I can't get the photo to post here and I have tried everything. They are called Nail Polish Bites and they are made to look like bottles of nail polish! They are made from colored marshmallows and a tootsie roll in the top of the marshmallow. I am somehow going to figure out how to do this and send the photo. You guys will love it! The e-mail said it would be cute for a girls birthday party.
On Mon Nov 25, 2013 03:05 AM

In honor of the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who, I TARDIS-ed my nails. :D

Base: Revlon Top Speed "Royal"
Holo: Glitter Gal "Bondi Blue"
Windows: Rimmel "Arctic"
Page:
Page 29 of 321 2 3 4 5 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

ReplySendWatch