Forum: Advice / Beauty

Page:
Page 31 of 321 2 3 4 5 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
re: Pretty Nail Addict
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Wed May 28, 2014 09:30 PM
I bought this top coat/ base coat set www.butterlondon.com . . .

I LOVE it. Just wish it didn't cost so much.

Right now I have a Zoya pixi dust polish on. One tiny chip because at work yesterday we had a LEGO building competition and a kind needed help separating two bricks and we didn't have brick separator. :(
By SoloJazzDancer Comments: 21529, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Wed May 28, 2014 10:41 PM
What is a brick separator? I've never heard of it. Wish we had one in my preschool. Would have saved my nails a time or two.
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Thu May 29, 2014 12:06 AM
SoloJazzDancer wrote:

What is a brick separator? I've never heard of it. Wish we had one in my preschool. Would have saved my nails a time or two.

www.toysrus.com . . .

The one I had when I was little was grey and I pretended that it was a vacuum. I totally forgot about that until I was looking for a picture.
By CaffeinePremium member Comments: 3194, member since Wed Aug 08, 2007
On Thu May 29, 2014 12:06 AM
Edited by Caffeine (183827) on 2014-05-29 00:23:28 lego.

Apparently I did have a photo of the OPI Muppets World Tour nail polish after all. That's after one coat; the second coat made it really stand out.

It was a bit of a pain to remove, as glitters always seem to be, but it had the sparkle I wanted for the night.

I bought it from an Aussie online store, and being Australian it wasn't cheap, sadly :( (I hate the markup we get on cosmetics!)

[edit]
And as for the LEGO brick seperator: we never had them when I ws a kid; I've only ever seen them in newer LEGO kits. So many of our LEGO bricks have teeth marks in them from trying to seperate them!
On Thu May 29, 2014 08:06 AM
Thanks for the photo of the Brick Separator. You used your teeth? Boy would I have been in trouble in preschool if I let any of the kids do that!

Last night I had to throw away some of my nail polish. My Crackle, which is by Sally Hanson and wasn't 99 cents or $1.99 when I bought it was hard as a rock! I was so mad! Some of my older colors had separated or had gotten funky looking. 2 of them were in the cutest bottles ever! They were a Christmas item from a store I used to work at which went out of business in 2003. They were shaped like Christmas Light bulbs! One Sally Hanson color that I bought last summer is starting to look funky. I love the color but it lasted on me maybe a day before it started to chip. I think I wrote to them saying I bought it while I was going on vacation, on the way up. I did my nails up at Cape Cod so it's not like I was using my nail for housework or anything. That polish should not have done that so quickly. Sally Hanson is usually a good brand, but not this one. I have some much older then that bottle although I can't say for how long the store, CVS, had it sitting there, and they are fine. I never heard back from them.

Thanks for the photo of the Muppets polish. I love it! You sort a kinda answered a question for me. Should you wear glitter polish only during the holidays or can you wear it all year long? Now obviously red & green, 2 Christmas looking colors, cannot not be worn in Aug. but others? You wore it to a wedding. As long as they aren't holiday colors I guess you can wear them and not just to a wedding either. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was wondering.

I know glitter polish is a pain to remove. Wish I knew of a better way to do it. My sister recently bought me some nail polish remover, the kind where you stick your finger in it to remove it, no cotton balls, from Target. It's probably only 4 months old or so. It sits upright in a cabinet with the cover securely on. When I went to use some, half of it had evaporated! There was almost nothing left! My mom very rarely does her nails and my dad is 90, he's not doing his nails. Must be the nail polish fairy! LOL I've never had that happen before. Boy, am I mad!
On Fri May 30, 2014 09:19 PM
Check out Floss Gloss. I got an e-mail about a new store in San Fran that carries this polish. $8 a bottle but some of the colors are pretty cool.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:06 PM
Edited by Theresa (28613) on 2014-06-22 23:12:11
I have Sinful Colors in "Daredevil" on my fingers right now, and honest, if this were my first experience with Sinful Colors, I wouldn't go back for seconds. The formula was thin and runny, it was impossible to clean up off my cuticle, I had a chip in it in less than 12 hours...ugh. Super annoyed with this color.

Although I've got "Sugar Sugar" on my toes, and I'm much happier with that. Go figure. In fact, "Sugar Sugar" is a pretty dead on copy of the ever popular "I'm not really a waitress" from OPI, which according to Google is still sold, but I haven't seen for sale in AGES...
By Spiorad Comments: 2156, member since Sat Jul 22, 2006
On Mon Jun 23, 2014 01:27 AM
^ That is so sad to hear, I LOVE Dare Devil! It is one of my favorites from Sinful Colors. Maybe I got a really good bottle, or you got a poor one, beause the formula on mine is practically a one coat polish.

I only wish that the brushes were a bit bigger and flat topped.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:46 AM
^I'm thinking it's probably just a weird bottle, because from step one, this has been so contrary to every experience I've had with their line, that it just doesn't make any sense. I like the color, from a distance, but everything about it was discouraging. Like I said - I've got other experiences with their product, so I know it's all good and this is just a quirky bottle, but yeah. If this was my first time, there wouldn't be a second. :/

I go back and forth on the brushes. Maybelline Color Show has an almost unreasonably small brush, BUT, Wet N Wilds brush is so large, I can even get across my "fat finger"* in one stroke. Which feels weird to. So I can't decide my opinion. LOL!

*I have an arterovenous malformation in my left ring finger, which is where a vein and an artery are wrapped around each other. Which yes, is sometimes painful. The surgeon has decided to not remove it, on the believe that I would be putting the function of my finger on the line to do so. The finger is certainly ugly - it elicits gasps, A LOT, but I'll take an ugly finger over a useless one, any day. LOL...
By Sumayah Comments: 6876, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Sun Mar 22, 2015 03:54 PM

Free handed the Deathly Hallows and a lightning bolt ontop of Zoya's Storm. Pretty proud of how it turned out.
On Sun Mar 22, 2015 06:31 PM
Love it! Nice job! I just did my nails and I am so mad at how they came out. My mom bought her and I some from Dollar General. It was $2 a bottle and it's called Gel Strong by Broadway Nails. It's a Neon color called Jimmi's Purple and it's a Mat finish. It's a really pretty color but for some reason I don't really like how it looked on me. I only used one coat because one coat covered but maybe I should have used two and I would have liked it better. It dried quickly and I was very happy about that. However, when I took a bath 3 days later, my nails looked horrible! Almost all of it was gone. What's the point of doing your nails when the polish is gone after 3 days? I will admit I didn't use my top coat that I love so that could have been the problem too. Do any of the gel polishes work like a real gel manicure? Its kind of expensive for a gel manicure and I hear that unless you put a high sunscreen on your hands you run the risk of skin cancer. However, I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on something that doesn't really work either.
On Sun Mar 22, 2015 06:48 PM
I have very brittle nails in the winter and some of the fall. The rest of the time they are long and people ask me if they are fake. This year they stayed really long for longer then they ever have. I bit the bullet and bought Sally Hansen Miracle Cure for Severe Problem Nails because they kept breaking and I could see how brittle they were. It says 50% Stronger Nails in 3 days! Guaranteed! and Guaranteed is underlined. It cost me $8.99 before the tax which was a lot for me to pay for something I'm not sure will work. The second day I had it on (it says to use it every other day) I broke 3 nails! I reapplied and 2 more broke! Boy am I going to write to them and tell them exactly what I think of their product and even though I will want to be nasty, I won't. Maybe I can get my money back.
Do you guys know of something I can try that works or do none of you have this problem? It doesn't help that we are having the winter that doesn't want to quit so the air in the house is dry from the heat and it's still cold (it's 20 degrees out right now at 8:45 pm) and right now who knows when it will warm up? My nails are so short and I hate them!
On Sun Mar 22, 2015 08:10 PM
Sumayah wrote:

Free handed the Deathly Hallows and a lightning bolt ontop of Zoya's Storm. Pretty proud of how it turned out.

LOVE it.
On Sat Apr 04, 2015 09:31 AM
Ocean waves crashing on the shore. Freehanded this too. I used. 7 polishes total: base coat, the white is Julep, the darker blue is Essie, the iridescent blue is Zoya, the sand polish Is Julep, the blue glitter is Essie and the I used Qtica for my top coat.
On Sat Apr 04, 2015 02:36 PM
Wow, pretty good for free hand! I don't think I could do as well. I'm right handed but anything with my left hand usually stinks!
On Sun Aug 09, 2015 01:16 PM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2015-08-09 13:19:39 Yes the pics are sideways, no, even mods don't know how to make them right way up...
Freehand ombré. And bonus Tardis from last week.
On Sun Aug 09, 2015 08:48 PM
I like how it looks. How did you do it? The one that looks like glitter or dots. I'd like to try that.
On Tue Aug 11, 2015 05:35 PM
I painted the red first over the base coat. Then I did the orange, starting about midway down to the tip. The I did the yellow at the top third to the tip. From there I took a brush with polish remover and brushed horizontally across to smooth the lines. Once that was dry, I brushed a pink glitter polish over top. 😊
On Tue Aug 11, 2015 07:09 PM
Wow! Sounds complicated but I really like it. I don't know if I have all the colors but thanks for telling me. If I don't have all the colors I will try it with what I have. What did you use to take it off? I am having so much trouble getting glitter polish off. I love the kind on the jar where you dip your nails in & scrub/brush it off. Right now I have some from Target that is felt pads soaked in polish. It stinks! I won't buy it again. I loved their jar polish but they didn't have any when I went up there.
On Tue Aug 11, 2015 08:42 PM
A good base coat makes a huge difference. But honestly? Once they chip, I pick at them and try to get the whole polish to come off. Otherwise it's cheap, generic acetone remover, scrubbing, and a cotton ball.
On Tue Aug 11, 2015 09:07 PM
I have what I think is a great base coat. Revlon Quick Dry Base Coat. I love it! However, I've done what you have. I also pick at my polish. Sometimes it just comes off in one piece. There are times that I will look down at my nails and 2 or 3 will be all gone! I usually don't find them so they could be anywhere! Hey world, if you see a perfect nail polish that looks like it came off of a nail on the ground, its mine! LOL I hate using cotton balls because I can't seem to get rid of the cotton ball hairs that stick to my nails. That's why i like the jar stuff. It also lasts a long time.
On Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:26 PM
Thank you PinUp! Black Dahlia Lacquer "Iron Lotus."
On Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:42 PM
Wow, how did you post? I tried once and it said it was to old to post anything. I'm glad the thread is back!
Love your nails Pretty Little Nail Addict. It's winter and my nails are short again, although I saw someone with nails shorter then mine so maybe mine aren't so bad.
I get a lot of chips in my nails in the winter and some are so tiny it annoys me that I have to file them down for that tiny chip. I'm sure it has something to do with the dry air in the house.
Does anyone know what to do for ridges? I started getting them about 5-10 years ago. I never had them before. I hate the way they look. I read on the paper that came with my glass nail file that I could use that file to file the ridges and I've done that but they always seem to come back.
I have some points on my credit card that I want to get rid of before I get a new credit card that gives me more points. I went on Amazon looking for nail polish and saw some that was totally a-maz-ing! It looked holographic! I've never seen anything like it before and I have to have it! I don't think it was really expensive but since I am paying for it with credit card points, it doesn't matter the cost. If I can get a picture and I can post it here, you can see what it looks like. It looked stunning on the models nails.
Glad to see this is up and running again!
On Mon Feb 13, 2017 01:21 PM
Mod power. If there's a thread that's too old to respond to, if you mod report it, if it's worth reopening, we can do that. :)
By Spiorad Comments: 2156, member since Sat Jul 22, 2006
On Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:26 AM
woo hoo its back! yay for the mod powers! lol

Can we talk about peel off base coats? Seriously they have changed my life!
Page:
Page 31 of 321 2 3 4 5 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

ReplySendWatch