Forum: Advice / Cars & Driving

Cars & Driving
Meet my new car!
By DefyingGravityPremium member Comments: 5265, member since Sun Jan 19, 2003
On Wed Aug 15, 2012 03:55 AM

I haven't named her yet, but she's a "liquid yellow" 2010 Mini convertible! Just bought her today :) Up until this point I've been borrowing cars from my parents, so this was a major step! I bought my first house last year and my first car this year - I think that means I'm getting old...

5 Replies to Meet my new car!

re: Meet my new car!
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11250, member since Tue Feb 26, 2002
On Wed Aug 15, 2012 04:06 AM
Aww, a Mini! It's adorable. Is she showroom new or just "new to you" new?

When I was a little kid, my mum had a white 1970's era Mini that was so old, it didn't even have seatbelts in the back seat. It was the BEST car but she had to sell it in the end because she obviously couldn't use it to drive my sister and I around in.

I hope you have many happy years of driving in your Mini. They are excellent cars.

Erin.
::righteous babe::
By DefyingGravityPremium member Comments: 5265, member since Sun Jan 19, 2003
On Wed Aug 15, 2012 05:57 AM
It's new to me :) There was one previous owner - I couldn't afford a "new new" Mini convertible! It has new wheels, a clean bill of health, and came pre-programed with the iPod hook up and phone system. Now I can finally go 100% hands free when using the phone! Now I just need to figure out what to name this new ray of sunshine...
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8949, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Wed Aug 15, 2012 06:18 AM
She's beautiful! I love minis!

Did you take another language in high school/college? Maybe whatever "sun" is in that language?
By QCdancer Comments: 187, member since Mon Dec 04, 2006
On Sun Aug 19, 2012 02:30 AM
Awesome car and welcome to the MINI community!! My first car was also a MINI and in fact I just drove 2000+ miles in my mini (which was stuffed with all of my things) cross country on my move to Houston, TX from Boston, MA. I wasn't into cars at all before I got "Bibi" but now I totally understand why people love their cars!! I know you will love your mini as well :) They handle really well, you can park just about anywhere and the gas consumption is pretty reasonable so driving is nothing but fun. Plus the MINI community is really great. I am a member on the online forum North American Motoring and everybody there is really friendly; they will help you with any questions you may have, whether you are having mechanical issues or simply want some name suggestions, I have found it to be an invaluable resource :)
By ash007 Comments: 20, member since Tue Jan 24, 2012
On Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:16 PM
hello, this car is beautiful! mini's are so easy to drive! enjoy

ReplySendWatch