Forum: Advice / Stretching

Wondering about Box splits
By skybluez
On Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:30 PM

Hello everyone,

Im currently training seriously for my middle splits or box splits. And I wanted to know what's the difference between the position of your feet pointing to the ceiling while holding your split (I mean when training it), and the position when your feet are pointing forward?

Thanks in advance.
By the way, if anyone has good stretches to give me for the middle splits, it would be great.

4 Replies to Wondering about Box splits

re: Wondering about Box splits
By hummingbird
On Thu Aug 16, 2012 01:31 AM
If you're flexing your feet as you stretch you'll be getting much more of a hamstring stretch (the back of your thighs) and your quads (the front of your thighs) will be contracting.
By balletgirl4ever
On Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:48 PM
Hey, a really good box spilts stretch is to lie on your back against a wall. Put your feet straight on the wall and let them drift down into the box splits against the wall. Hold it for ages, like 5 mins. Then repeat after a break. The gravity will bring your legs down into the splits eventually.

This is it : i.ytimg.com . . .

Also, do the straddle while watching tv or anything. It helps defininately. Do what this pic says : www.tinajuanfitness.info . . .

Also, I just do my splits over and over by hanging onto a chair and going down into them. I got another 2 inches from doing it 20 times really fast today.
By Amyliamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Aug 21, 2012 01:25 PM
balletgirl4ever wrote:

I got another 2 inches from doing it 20 times really fast today.

It is never recommended to stretch quickly or to bounce in a stretch, that is a great invitation for injury. And make sure you're warm before beginning any type of (especially static) stretch.
By balletgirl4ever
On Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:39 PM
Thanks, maybe that wasnt the best advice. I was warmed up before I tried it though. :) I just really need to be flexible.

ReplySendWatch