Forum: Arts / Image Editing - Requests

Image Editing - Requests
White background?
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Tue Aug 21, 2012 04:07 PM
Edited by majere (186163) on 2012-08-21 16:10:13
Locked by majere (186163) on 2012-08-25 00:17:05 got it sorted out

Hey, I've been trying to get a solid white background on this picture (and cropped to be used as a head-shot).

I already have it cropped, but if you want the original, I'll post that too.

The second pic is an attempt I made with a free editor online, I couldn't get the edges.

If it's impossible, let me know and I'll just use an older head-shot where my hair is a few inches shorter than it is now.

Edit: Here is an alternative picture I'd be willing to use (if this one would be easier to get a plain background on):

Image hotlink - 'http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/majere_photos/Majere/IMG_0691.jpg'

6 Replies to White background?

re: White background?
By Liritmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4789, member since Sat May 18, 2002
On Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:54 PM
I could remove the background in both pics pretty easily for you, but neither of them are really worth using as a headshot. Even if they were, the backgrounds aren't distracting enough to necessitate removing them. (The shadows in the first one, however, are.)

I'd suggest finding a photographer who specializes in headshots - or a friend looking to expand their portfolio - and get some new pictures for your particular needs.
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:44 AM
Lirit wrote:

I could remove the background in both pics pretty easily for you, but neither of them are really worth using as a headshot. Even if they were, the backgrounds aren't distracting enough to necessitate removing them. (The shadows in the first one, however, are.)

I'd suggest finding a photographer who specializes in headshots - or a friend looking to expand their portfolio - and get some new pictures for your particular needs.

Thank you. Seeing how my hair looks in those pictures in the first post do you think it is too different to use this one?

If not I think I can something by when I need it (Saturday). My mom has a decent camera and I think we can pin up a white sheet to use a background. I don't have any money for a photographer right now.
By OneGiantLeap Comments: 492, member since Wed Apr 30, 2008
On Wed Aug 22, 2012 01:32 AM
I think your hair is beautiful long! I used to take pictures against doors or the insides of cupboards in my old house. Good luck with the re-take.
On Thu Aug 23, 2012 07:40 PM
We got this one today. I think it's pretty good.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Fri Aug 24, 2012 04:33 AM
It's still super shadowy though. The uneven lighting on your face is killer - you've got such a nice skin tone, and such nice features, I don't know why you're burying it under all these shadows. :/

You do look killer in the royal blue, by the way. :D
On Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:37 PM
Edited by majere (186163) on 2012-08-23 23:40:37
Theresa wrote:

It's still super shadowy though. The uneven lighting on your face is killer - you've got such a nice skin tone, and such nice features, I don't know why you're burying it under all these shadows. :/

You do look killer in the royal blue, by the way. :D

Took the picture outside. The light inside sucks (my hair usually looks brown from indoor pictures). The first attached one is better with the shadows, but I don't like the angle as much. The second is a pic taken inside and as you can see my hair looks darker (not that I'd use that picture for anything).

EDIT: I do know someone (a friend)I can hire to headshots, but I don't have time to do that or money. I didn't realize until this week that my hair was so much longer now.

Thanks about the color :)

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed