Forum: Europe / Europe - Norden

What happened that year?.Are Swedes good looking?
By houndrfriendPremium member
On Wed Aug 22, 2012 05:42 AM

While looking around the internet,I found this.What happened that year?It must be a Swedish joke.I do not think they are pretty.

5 Replies to What happened that year?.Are Swedes good looking?

re: What happened that year?.Are Swedes good looking?
By Sumayah
On Wed Aug 22, 2012 06:16 AM
Off topic, I see you use Open Office. Good program. Also, I prefer the GeForce video cards over ATI, but that's just me. Also, your Norton appears to be out of date, but given all the other security and cleaners visible, I'm guessing you just can't unearth it from your computer. It's okay, I can't get it off my boss' work computer either - I swear Symantec is insidious. Finally I *highly* encourage you to invest in a nice flat screen monitor, that old glass front giant you have is way out of date. Flat screens are things of beauty. Just not plasma because they get burn-in *really* easily.

On topic. No, you might want to check your hetro/homo meter because those Swedish girls are HOT. I'd do them.
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Aug 22, 2012 02:26 AM
Edited by Louise (29559) on 2012-08-22 02:27:27
Swedes aren't the ugliest vegetable, in my opinion. I kinda like the purple bit. They're damn hard to chop, though.

Interestingly while Googling 'swede' I found out that another name for a swede is a rutabaga. I also found THIS! :O

Spoiler: Show

Image hotlink - 'http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-JFUAhOWtTI/TH1mQ_mxk_I/AAAAAAAAABA/5Va0NLIS7wQ/s1600/super+Swedes.jpg'
By Sumayah
On Wed Aug 22, 2012 09:48 PM
I don't know why but I want to listen to 70's pop music while eating Jiffy Pop. /shrug
On Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:04 AM
That was an old computer that I used.Maybe you could buy a computer for $1000 but in 5 or 10 years later it could be worth only $50.I bought the tower part for about $25 in a second hand shop.I already had a spare monitor.That computer does what I want it to do such as run programs.Otherwise I use a cheap little laptop.Unless I have more spare money one day,I do not think that I will buy a new computer.As a matter of fact,some of the new computers annoy me because they do not have all the sockets that I want.Also,some old computers had a video out that could be connected to a TV.I have a copy on a memory stick of the original photo from the internet.However,I dcided to show it on a computer and take a picture of it.That means it is not exactly the same as the original and the quality is not so good.I thought that would solve any copyright problems but it is a freely available picture and so the photographer probably does not care.it looks like cheerleaders,otherwise I do not know anything about it.....About the Swedes,when I was a little boy,my mother made me taste a swede,but I did not like it and never had another.Any way,if I had my way,the English language would be changed for names about other countries...Swedish/Svenskafolk....Germany/Deutchland....Spain/Hispanola......Denmark/Danmark.....Austria/osterreich get the idea?.....Maybe its the pose of those girls that does not appeal to me.
On Mon Aug 27, 2012 08:56 AM
Edited by houndrfriend (103518) on 2012-08-27 09:11:05 forgot the other bit
Well,I suppose they are allright,maybe the photo distorts their bodies.....PS...I was wondering if there was ever a word in Scandinavia that was like the English word "and".The books that I have read say that English and the Scandinavian languages are in the same group but that word is completely different.However,I can see a likeness for "I". In old english it was "Ic",sounging like "Ik".In Iceland it is EG or sounds like Ig.If you said IK and Ig very quivkly in the middle of a sentence,they sound about the same.Then in Swedish it is Jag,sounding like Yag.If you changed the g to c then it would sound much like IK.Anyway,these things seem interesting to me.

ReplySendWatch