Forum: Advice / Stretching

Middle splits issues
By Danceforever53
On Thu Aug 23, 2012 01:01 AM

Hey everyone, so my left and right splits are flat but my middle is no where close to being flat. When I do middle slpits the only where I feel it is in my hips I don't feel anything in my hamstrings. My hips are really unflexible :( I have beeen stretching them a lot but they don't seem to be getting any more flexible.

I know a lot of people have posted about middle splits but I never see anything to do with hip flexibility in it.

So my question is does anyone know any stretches that would increase my hip flexibility/ get my splits down faster?!

3 Replies to Middle splits issues

re: Middle splits issues
By Cheesemoo
On Thu Aug 23, 2012 05:08 AM
I think the problem most people have with middle splits is just that there's SO MANY muscles involved. Are you stretching just the inside of your hips, or are you working on the outsides too?
I'm not an expert at all, but I found when I stretched different parts of my hips/upper legs my hip rotation increased a lot and this helped a lot with my splits.
Try the legs part of this one, folding forward to get a deeper stretch. (I have no idea why it's called "cow face")
www.yogajournal.com . . .

Here are a few other good ones that should really help with your middle splits. (They really helped me get mine!)

www.exrx.net . . .

0.tqn.com . . . (my alltime favorite)

tiptoedance.bravehost.com . . .

Hope this helps!
By Danceforever53
On Thu Aug 30, 2012 05:44 AM
Thanks that really helps! I think I have been stretching both the inside and outside (although I could totally be wrong). I usually do oversplits which has helped to get them further but I haven't seen as much improvement as i'd like.

Thanks again :)
By ujjwalsharma
On Wed Dec 05, 2018 04:19 AM
7pranayama provides you Yoga, Pranayama, Daily breath fitness habit and more yoga tips and tricks.
You can also check:-7pranayama.com

ReplySendWatch