Forum: Advice / Cars & Driving

Cars & Driving
Dirtbikes!
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 9026, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Thu Aug 23, 2012 06:47 AM

Does anyone here ride? My boyfriend used to race, and is taking up riding again...and he's buying me my own Thumpstar, so I can learn!

We're looking at the moment, I can't wait to get it!! It's going to be so much fun...I've always wanted to learn to ride a motorbike.

3 Replies to Dirtbikes!

re: Dirtbikes!
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17315, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Thu Aug 23, 2012 08:17 AM
One of our Irish dance members Crazy_Claire does/did - I remember she used to compete in speedway but I'm not sure if she's carried on.

Me, no way...!
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7113, member since Fri Aug 02, 2002
On Thu Aug 23, 2012 08:55 AM
My husband does. Years ago, the plan was that I'd learn to ride his, but he keeps getting bigger and more powerful bikes. I'm too scared to even go on his current one with him, lol.
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Thu Aug 23, 2012 09:48 AM
When I was a kid, my neighbor was a really popular motocross racer, and my brother raced briefly. Growing up, we always had a barn full of dirtbikes, motorcycles, three-wheelers, four-wheelers, go-karts, mopeds, scooters, as well as a variety of boats. But yeah, my first dirtbike was a Yamaha 80.
Image hotlink - 'http://www.justdirtbikes.com.au/Yamaha%20YZ%2080%20B%201975.JPG'
I lived in the middle of nowhere, so it was my transportation before I was old enough to drive. We used to play a game we called "motorcycle tag". I'm surprised none of us were killed, because we played it in the avocado grove next to our house. It was fun, but I can't recommend it for obvious safety reasons.

But dirtbikes are a LOT of fun. And if you can find a dirtbike course, even better.

ReplySendWatch